- Nitric Oxide Dump-A four-minute workout that consists of four basic exercises including squats, tin soldiers, snow angel and military press, which work all 16 of your major muscle groups. Start with three sets of 10 repetitions, incrementally increasing your reps until you’re doing 20 reps for each exercise. If possible breathe through the nose. Can be done up to 3 x a day with 2-3 hour break in between sessions.
- Chair Squats-The most used movement we do is some type of squat. Feet are parallel, hips go back (hip hinge) and sit down in a controlled manner. Tighten the stomach lightly. Then stand up. If there is knee pain, put some towels or firm pillows on the chair to shorten the depth of the squat. 5-10 reps and 2-3 sets.
- Stairs or Steps-Going up and down stairs or steps recruits numerous muscles and is great for balance. Stay tall, don’t lean forward. Push through the heel and mid foot with each step. Feeling adventurous-do every other step or stair. 2-3 sets. Rest 15-30 seconds in between sets.
- Counter Top/Couch/or Floor Push-Ups–Spine and head neutral position. Tighten abdominals (brace lightly). Engage the glutes lightly. Feet hip width and parallel. Hands slightly wider than shoulders. Elbows straight. 90 degrees of elbow flexion if possible. If you experience pain in the elbows or shoulders, find a range of motion without pain. 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps. 15-30 seconds rest between sets.
- Bands and Tubing-Depending of their lengths and thickness you can do a variety of pulling and pushing movements that will work all the major muscles. 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps. 15-30 seconds rest between sets.
- TRX -My go to method. Indoor or outdoor.
TRX Exercises: https://greatist.com/fitness/effective-trx-exercises