Michael Holland has a profound appreciation for education and application of knowledge. Michael has BS and MS degrees in Nutrition, decades of professional experience and extensive research and practical application through his own committed practices of Qi Gong and Tai Chi. In addition to individual training of elite athletes, Michael has coached track and field at Los Gatos High School, worked with the Strength, Speed and Power Camps at Stanford University and developed a Deep Water Running Rehabilitation Program to aid athletes across all disciplines. Michael Holland combines the best of western sports performance training, eastern bloc sciences/training techniques, and Asian martial arts to deliver a holistic model – specifically designed to lead clients to their highest levels of health, fitness and sports performance.
Michael Holland is the founder and owner of Comprehensive Athletic Training (CAT). Michael coached track and field at Los Gatos High School. While there he started a Deep Water Running Rehabilitation Program for the track and field athletes who were injured – Important Note: None of the runners Michael Holland coached were ever injured. Michael was also an assistant coach for the Strength, Speed and Power Camps at Stanford University for two summers. He works in a variety of settings, and with a variety of individuals from grammar school, high school, college, Olympic, and professional athletes; as well as weekend warriors.
Coach Holland’s Certifications
- Sports Performance Coach and Level I Olympic Weightlifting Coach – United States Weightlifting Association (USWA)
- Certified Personal Trainer with Distinction CPT,D – National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Qigong Instructor – Chinese Health Qigong Association (CHQA)
- Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) – Studied with Aaron Mattes, creator of AIS with an internship at the world-class rehabilitation facility, Aaron Mattes Therapy Clinic in Sarasota, Florida.
- Natural Health Educator – Twin Lakes College of the Healing Arts
- Sports Massage and Shiatsu Practitioner – Twin Lakes College of the Healing Arts
- TRX Certified
- TRX Certified Suspension Training Sports Medicine
- Certified Pilates Mat Instructor – Advanced and Standing Pilates
- Master Personal Trainer
In addition, Coach Holland is a Nutritionist with a BS and MS Degree in Nutrition. To schedule a consultation with Michael Holland and discuss your fitness goals or sport-specific training needs, please be in touch.